Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller
Company: Simply Solar
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Summary:The Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller plays a
key role within the Accounting and Administrative teams. The person
in this position will assist in the planning and implementation of
the company's financial strategy under the direction of the CFO.
They will primarily focus on Financial Reporting, Performance
Measurement, and GL Management. Other key responsibilities include
Payroll, Time Compliance, Budget review, and Asset management.
- General Ledger management in accordance with GAAP and corporate
- Produce financial reports in compliance with generally accepted
- Analysis and reporting of business and financial data.
- Create financial models to support organizational
- Assist the CFO in the development of financial projections,
budgets, and KPI reports for team leaders.
- Analyze industry trends and make recommendations based on those
- Evaluate capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Develop automated reporting and forecasting tools for more
efficient use of data.
- Weekly processing of payroll and payroll reporting.
- Weekly review of timesheet data.
- Responsible for Fleet and Inventory management, including GPS
tracking and maintenance schedules.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government
- Provide backup phone support as needed in the office.
- Other related duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Business Finance or
Associates degree with applicable certification required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience required
- Solid understanding of GAAP and bookkeeping procedures.
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Excel and the ability to
produce clean and accurate reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with strong
attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the
principles, design, and procedural methods used in big data
- Proficient in the use of email, Microsoft Office, Google Suite,
Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience is a plus.
- Ability to work full-time from our main office in Petaluma.What
- $62,400 - $75,000 per year depending on experience
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 10 days PTO in your first year
- Plus 7 paid holidays per year
- And more!
Keywords: Simply Solar, Petaluma , Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!