PetalumaRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for Petaluma jobs

Life Skills Coach

Company: Spread Your Wings, LLC.
Location: Petaluma
Posted on: March 13, 2023

Job Description:

GROWTH, OPPORTUNITIES, AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT.We are always looking for experience BUT we will train!Join us and start a great Career in a solid job opportunityWe are looking for someone to assist in providing services for clients in PetalumaWe strive for excellence by teaching the individuals we serve the skills necessary to lead independent lives while integrating them with their community. This not only empowers them to easily access essential resources, but it also builds their self-confidence to be active members of their community, resulting in the potential of opening up many new opportunities.Values
Spread Your Wings ILS Services believes that:

  • Attitude is everything
  • Adaptability and kindness are vital for success.
  • Holding yourself accountable is not optional
  • With teamwork comes strength
  • Always strive for excellenceThe Job:
    Under the supervision of the ILS Program Manager, you will support and teach functional life skills to adults with disabilities that align with their support plan to help them grow in their independence and live happy, healthy lives in the environment of their choice. Advocacy, basic cooking, maintaining a home, managing medical appointments, healthy living, accessing community resources, community inclusion, and accessing transportation are some things you may be working on with your clients.
    This position manages their caseload while supporting and teaching functional life skills to clients assigned to them. You will meet with two clients daily in their homes or out in the community to work on their goals. This position requires you to transport your individual into the community for appointments or to run errands occasionally. You will also be responsible for writing quarterly progress reports for those on your caseload, as well as coordinating client meetings.Who you are:
    • Personable and adaptable to various personalities and lifestyles.
    • Engaging, motivating, and able to think "outside the box" to solve problems.
    • Dependable, able to work with minimal supervision, and holds themselves accountable.
    • Takes initiative, is driven to succeed, and advocates for others.
    • Picks up new tasks quickly and asks questions when unsure.
    • Proficient with MS Word and Excel and an excellent communicator.We will train those with minimal or no experience in this field if your personality seems to fit our team and the individuals we serve.
      • Must be able to pass a background checkPreferred Education / Experience:
        • High School Diploma or GED.
        • A degree is great but not necessary, as we will train you on the job so you have the experience and the skills required to be successful in this field.
        • ILS, SLS, caretaking, CNA, history of working with children or adults with IDD or other disabilities.Reliable transportation, a valid CDL, and car insurance are necessary -as you will spend 95% of your day in the field working with clients. The other 5% will be administrative, which will involve writing reports, documentation, emails, etc.Benefits for Full-time Life Coaches
          • Mileage reimbursement
          • Phone Stipend
          • Paid vacation (full-time)
          • 50% company paid medical plan
          • 100% company paid $25000.00 life insurance
          • Other benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, travel insurance, and more..... -eligible for benefit coverage in 30 days or less_ -for full-time employees_Join a fast-growing company servicing a large portion of Northern and Central California and expanding to other areas with many growth opportunities. We offer several various services in this field to those in the community. Spread Your Wings LLC. Provides the following services:Apply to this posting and call our Job Hotline at 888-799-0089 -and leave your name and contact information, a member from our staff will call you.We are also hiring throughout the South Bay, East Bay, North Bay and Monterey Bay areasSpread Your Wings is an EOE EmployerPowered by JazzHR

Keywords: Spread Your Wings, LLC., Petaluma , Life Skills Coach, Education / Teaching , Petaluma, California

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category

Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest California jobs by following @recnetCA on Twitter!

Petaluma RSS job feeds