Commercial Pest Technician
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Position OverviewBe knowledgeable of technical data concerning
chemicals used and their application. Be knowledgeable of federal,
state and local regulations regarding pest control. Maintain a copy
of the business unit Commercial Service manual at close proximity
at all times and follow the specified instructions therein.
Maintain and service all route customers according to company
standards and procedures. Call office daily as required for
messages. Complete and submit daily service reports as required.
Advise customers of potential problems. Keep management informed of
any problems encountered on service routes. Maintain proper
inventory of pesticides in usage. Maintain service records in
accordance with EPA standards. Collect delinquent accounts.
Maintain service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper
operating condition. Maintain a safe driving record. Assist on
other routes as required by management. Complete federal, state,
local and company required training programs within prescribed time
limits for proper certification. Available to work flexible hours
as required by customer needs, including evenings, nights, and/or
weekends. Other duties as assigned.Job Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable of technical data concerning chemicals used
and their application.
- Be knowledgeable of federal, state and local regulations
regarding pest control.
- Maintain a copy of the the business unit Commercial Service
manual at close proximity at all times and follow the specified
- Maintain and service all route customers according to company
standards and procedures.
- Call office daily as required for messages.
- Complete and submit daily service reports as required.
- Advise customers of potential problems.
- Keep management informed of any problems encountered on service
- Maintain proper inventory of pesticides in usage.
- Maintain service records in accordance with EPA standards.
- Collect delinquent accounts.
- Maintain service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper
- Maintain a safe driving record.
- Assist on other routes as required by management.
- Complete federal, state, local and company required training
programs within prescribed time limits for proper
- Available to work flexible hours as required by customer needs,
including evenings, nights, and/or weekends.Job Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred
- 1-3 months related experience preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Immediately report to management any loss of required
license.Physical Demands and Working ConditionsThe physical demands
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by
lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning
objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required
- Uses legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders,
stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds
what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching
on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance
exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat,
and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or
both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force
using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag,
draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using upper
extremities to exert force.
- Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach
objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or
move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting
or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping
equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper
extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as
size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken
word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and
received detailed information through oral communication at usual
speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine
discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually
powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at
distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform
activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and
accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or
thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of
facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and
outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100
and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental
- Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts,
vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical
exposure, and/or high heat.
- Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the
skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor
- Exposure to animals and insects.
- Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in
compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and
company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal
protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA
- Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which
could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic
tendencies.Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.
Keywords: Terminix, Petaluma , Commercial Pest Technician, Engineering , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!