Process Engineer - Hybrid Role- Oligos
Company: LGC Biosearch Technologies
Posted on: July 31, 2022
LGC Genomics locations Petaluma and Novato, CA, as well as our
sister site in Denmark, represent a focused, collaborative culture
of producing mission-critical genomics components, primarily
oligonucleotides and supporting reagents, for our diverse customer
base. We believe in Science for a Safer World and have embodied our
mission by supporting first responders during the COVID-19 pandemic
where our Biosearch Technologies portfolio has been and continues
to be enabling millions of PCR tests worldwide. We are currently
seeking candidates who are up for the challenge of operating in a
high-growth, purpose-driven organization. The Process Engineer,
within the Process Development group, contributes to the
development and implementation of automation systems and processes
to support oligonucleotide manufacturing. This person interacts
with a team of database developers, scientists, engineers and
production managers on projects to conceptualize, design, develop,
and implement solutions to create new capabilities and to optimize
the performance of existing laboratory processes.This role will be
40% Remote and 60% on-site in Petaluma. Relocation can be
provided.Areas of Responsibility:
- Configure, program and troubleshoot automation systems commonly
used in the biotechnology industry, such as Hamilton, Tecan, or
- Gathers user/stakeholder needs, develops requirements, develops
process specifications, develops process or system architectures to
meet those specifications and requirements, writes scripts,
instrument methods, conducts unit testing, V&V activities, and
conduct post launch support.
- Interface with stakeholders in reviews and routine meetings.
- Develop and integrate automation systems with related software
- Integrate ancillary robotics such as swap arms or similar.
- Refine needs into requirements, derive specifications from
- Map specifications and requirements into system or process
- Oversee the testing associated with installation and
operational qualifications, method validations and continued method
- Interface directly with database developers to ensure proper
communication between database/automation systems.
- Provide end user documentation/education to manufacturing staff
to operate and perform basic troubleshooting for robotic
- Work closely with R&D and manufacturing groups to develop
workflows for new products and or develop new processes for
- Work closely with manufacturing groups to identify and
implement process improvements.
- Stay abreast of developments in laboratory automation and
recommend upgrades / new systems. Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excel macro scripting ability is a must.
- Exposure to system architecture tools is a plus
- Fluency in one or more instrument programming languages is a
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma is a plus.
- Exposure to discrete event simulation is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases is a
- B.S. / M.S. in an Engineering or Science discipline, with a
minimum of 0-3 years of relevant industrial experience.What we
offer (US based-employees):
- Competitive compensation with strong bonus program
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for
employees and dependents
- FSA/HSA Pre-tax savings plans for health care, childcare, and
- Deductible Buffer Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Company-paid short- and long- term disability, life insurance,
and employee assistance program
- Flexible work options
- Pet Insurance for our furry friends
- Enhanced Parental leave of 8 additional weeks
- PTO that begins immediately
- Town Hall monthly meeting onsite/virtual, Cheer program where
employees are recognized for outstanding work, Company wide social
events, frequent catered lunches and much more!
Keywords: LGC Biosearch Technologies, Petaluma , Process Engineer - Hybrid Role- Oligos, Engineering , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!