Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Your new career is just a few clicks away! As the global leader
in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents
1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international
lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle
hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about
serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a
culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of
possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality. Aimbridge Hospitality is
the largest third-party hotel management company with upscale,
independent and branded hotels across the Unites States, the
Caribbean, and Canada. Evolution Hospitality, based in San
Clemente, California, manages a carefully curated portfolio of
distinct and stylish lifestyle, boutique, independent and
soft-branded assets in key urban markets across the country. 2011
Crystal Drive, Suite 1100 Arlington, VA 22202 Aimbridge Hospitality
- 5851 Legacy Circle, Suite 400, Plano, TX 75024 - 972-952-0200
Posted Date 2 days ago (1/21/2021 4:56 PM) ID 2021-21440 Location
US-CA-Petaluma Category General Manager/Senior Operations
Leadership Type Regular Status Full-Time Job Summary The General
Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel
profitability through revenue generation cost control guest
satisfaction and development of employees while maintaining the
integrity of the hotel. Responsible for effectively leading and
managing all aspects of the hotel and for delivering results that
contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel. Work to
achieve performance objectives focused on driving sales and
profitability guest and associate satisfaction and meeting brand
standards. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each
workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at
least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties
must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more
than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the
use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of
the time.-- Responsibilities QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related
field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6
years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and
wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's
standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales conduct a daily ABR
meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account
calls each person will make and the potential business results of
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on
top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions
and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly
- Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as
needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training
sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards
and the review of previous and future sales and operations
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs
in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers
and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity
levels and Aimbridge Hospitality's standard checkbook accounting
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency
training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of
- Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures and
train new managers to ensure compliance. Oversee and assist in the
company budget process as required.
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in
each department using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which
focuses on the guest through employee development and
- Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the
Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents
is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the
monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property
through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers
and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position by estimating
revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected
data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s. Ensure that
all managers are in compliance with the standards in their
interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant
position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
- Perform all department manager performance appraisals according
to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in
compliance with the standards in their administration of
performance appraisals to their staff.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all management personnel
according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that
managers are in compliance with the standards in their
administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment
according to Aimbridge Hspitality S.O.P.'s.
- Meet all sales clients on the property including meeting
contacts and potential clients touring the property to assist in
the sales effort.
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and
offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically
with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in
the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Complete required corporate training modules and become
certified to train those as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
Property Details The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard
provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. At the
center of it all is The Bistro, your destination for a great
breakfast, or drinks and dinner during the evening. You'll also
enjoy inviting, flexible spaces where you can work or relax, free
Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and
airport conditions via our GoBoard technology. Plus, our
well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool will help
you stay refreshed and energized. Whether traveling for business or
pleasure, your stay at Courtyard is sure to be more comfortable,
more productive and more enjoyable than ever before! Company
Overview Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As
the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries,
from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination
resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality. After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Petaluma , General Manager, Executive , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!