Retail Store Manager - Petaluma
Company: Pet Food Express
Posted on: April 2, 2021
About Pet Food Express
Pet Food Express is the best place to shop for pet supplies - and
it's all because of the people who work here. Sure, we have better
products and more convenient services. But most importantly, we
offer gold-standard customer service and expert advice for even the
toughest pet problems. Sound like you? Join us.
While traditional back-office management is part of your job, this
role is so much more than that. We place a lot of belief in our
leaders to exemplify our core values and to instill the same
beliefs in our store team. That means allowing them to make
mistakes, take chances and initiative-so they can learn, grow, and
The biggest part of your job will be training and empowering your
employees to get our four-legged customer's whole story so they can
help find the best solutions. Because in the end, our long-term
success isn't about transactions-it's about building meaningful
relationships to help customers maximize life with their pets.
Sound like you? Join us.
More of what you'll do:
- Participate in and lead your team of passionate pet people to
build a loyal customer base, understand the needs of both our
two-legged and four-legged customers, and educate customers on how
our products will enhance the wellbeing of their pets.
- Create and maintain positive employee relations through
building and developing a team of passionate and engaged pet
- Network with the community and further our relationships with
rescues, dog trainers, pet professionals and community leaders.
Learn + Teach
- Develop your team to exceed store productivity goals as well as
individual goals. Coach your team with daily training, sales games,
and continuous educational programs to enhance their product
knowledge, leadership, and sales skills. Ensure on-going feedback
is provided to the team and educate where needed.
- Model and teach the PFE Whole Life Approach to provide tailored
recommendations that help customers live their best possible lives
with their pets.
- Become an expert in pet parenthood and nutrition yourself. Stay
up-to-date about new products and share what you know with your
- Hold store employees accountable for learning and executing on
specifically articulated skills and tasks. Use our Skill Level
Program to mentor your team members through each stage of their
- Generate team buy-in by connecting policies and programs to
PFE's core values, brand promise and the big picture.
- Interview and assist in the selection of hiring qualified
candidates. Partner with the community and your customers to build
a network of pet-passionate people who can refer potential
candidates for your team.
- Execute the store operations playbook to ensure a clean,
friendly, and efficient store. Achieve financial and operational
store objectives including expense control, loss prevention, and
- Lead store team through store open and close, implementation of
visual merchandising directives while maintaining standards
consistent with PFE's brand guidelines. Communicate with corporate
partners regarding assortments, trends, and replenishment.
- Lead the unloading of shipments and stocking the store - this
includes lifting heavy bags of dog food.
- Clean and maintain the store (leaders lead by example).
What you'll need:
- Team-oriented leadership experience, managing small teams.
- An eagerness to learn, drive and ambition. We're growing, so we
need people who can grow with us.
- Eagerness to learn, you consider yourself a lifelong
- Ability to work evenings and weekends regularly.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (bags of
kibble and litter). It's just one part of the job, but is pretty
physical. Make sure this is for you!
- Previous animal-related experience is nice to have, but we
won't hold it against you-it's never too late to start loving
What you'll love:
- Senior leaders who care about your passion and
- Formal leadership training.
- Investment in your pet knowledge, you'll never see pets the
- Best employee discount in the industry - extends to you and
your family members.
- Competitive sick, holiday, and vacation pay.
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit-sharing, and other great
benefits - even pet insurance!
- Bring your well-behaved dog to work.
- Community volunteer opportunities.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics
protected by applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pet Food Express is a place where everyone can learn and grow.
However you identify and whatever your background, please apply if
this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Pet Food Express, Petaluma , Retail Store Manager - Petaluma, Executive , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!