Payroll Manager-Hybrid Role
Company: Clover Sonoma
Posted on: June 23, 2022
About the RoleYou will be a key member of a close knit and
collaborative Accounting and Finance team. Reporting directly to
the Financial Controller, you will plan, develop, interpret, and
implement all activities of the Payroll Department. You will lead
the Payroll function and represent the company's interests in all
payroll, payroll accounting and pension matters. You will oversee
the in-house compensation processing associated with a
multi-location company comprised of 250+ Union and Non-Union
employees.This position is a hybrid role: remote and in our
- Oversee maintenance of an accurate, efficient (HRIS - Payroll
System- ADP) in coordination with the HR and Finance Departments.
This includes the production of the payroll processing and meeting
critical deadlines involving employee compensation and related
taxes and benefits payments and related reports.
- Conduct regular system and process audits to ensure data
integrity and compliance.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state taxing authority
requirements through continuous education of existing and new
legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions; analyzing impact on payroll
- Interpret, explain and apply a variety of laws and regulations
governing payroll administration.
- Collaborate with, consult and advise company management,
supervisors and employees on the interpretation and application of
Payroll guidelines/policies, Federal and State regulations and
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) standards and procedures.
- Communicate organization-wide payroll policies and processes
regarding earnings, deductions, timekeeping as well as government
compliance reporting. Develop written procedures to document
processes & rationale behind decision-making.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with business partners
and develop relationships with company stakeholders that inspire
confidence and cooperation.
- Direct departmental audits to ensure the accuracy of reporting
and compliance with company policy and procedure. Provide support
to third party auditors and/or external auditors.
- Recommend improved payroll processing and reporting methods and
- May represent the company's interests at local meetings,
including arbitration hearings.
- Other duties as assigned. What You Bring to the Team
- College degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting
strongly preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of in-house payroll processing and
reporting requirements. Union payroll experience highly
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations (internal & external)
governing the preparation and processing of voluntary pre- and
post-tax deductions, and involuntary deductions, calculation of
employee taxes, tax reporting, record retention and payroll
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience with ADP.
- Minimum 3 years of recent related supervisory and/or managerial
level payroll systems knowledge.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification highly
desirable; FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) strongly
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to
- Strategic, innovative thinker who is results-oriented and
- Proactive, problem solver who is able to develop creative
solutions and has a strong commitment to customer service.
We value Clover Sonoma's company culture and values and an ideal
candidate would: Have an overwhelmingly positive attitude; Value
and listen to other team members; Possess the aptitude for creative
problem solving and critical thinking; and Have the courage to do
the right thing even when difficult or unpopular.About Clover
SonomaThird-generation family owned and operated, Clover Sonoma is
recognized as a leader at the forefront of the dairy industry. The
Petaluma-based company in Northern California's beautiful Sonoma
County was the first dairy in the United States to become American
Humane Certified, and hold its partnership of family-owned dairy
farms to a higher standard by developing its own unique Clover
Promise of Excellence. Clover Sonoma is proud to bring conscious
dairy products direct from its farms to consumers. As a Certified B
Corporation -, the company uses its business as a force for good,
and its passionate support of animal welfare, sustainable business
practices, and local community have always been hallmarks of the
business. Each year the company gives back at least five percent of
its profits to support these passions under its Clover Cares
program. For more information, please visit www.cloversonoma.com
and join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,
Pinterest and YouTube.Clover Sonoma is a proud equal opportunity
employer. We value and embrace diversity for the benefit of our
employees, our consumers, our products, our community and the
planet. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace for
everyone. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
ancestry, age, religion, marital status, disability, medical
condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any
other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
Keywords: Clover Sonoma, Petaluma , Payroll Manager-Hybrid Role, Executive , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!