Manager of Clinical Procurement R&D and Professional Services
Company: DSJ Global
Posted on: March 20, 2023
*The role is Hybrid is 3 days in the office, 2 days
remote*Company Description:This leading global pharmaceutical
company develops, manufactures, and markets a differentiated
product portfolio across multiple high-growth therapeutic areas
including Gastroenterology, Generics, Neurology, Ortho
dermatologists, Medical Aesthetics, and Dentistry. We are
delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company
dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, our products are
used by over 150 million people around the world.Job
Description:The Procurement Clinical R&D and Professional
Services Category Lead will report to the global Director of
Commercial Procurement and support the development of global
category strategies and sourcing activities across R&D,
Clinical, and Professional Services, predominantly in North
- Responsible for managing sourcing and procurement activities
for Indirect categories of Research & Development and Professional
Services. Spend in the scope of $200MM+ with a Team of 2
- Responsible for performing all aspects of sourcing and
procurement activities in support of major initiatives including
stakeholder requirement analysis, identification of bidders list,
RFP/RFQ development, conducting competitive bid events, supplier
selection, negotiation, contracting, risk mitigation,
supply/service continuity, and supplier performance.
- Owns process and partnership with internal cross-functional
teams to ensure contracts are reviewed, negotiated, and routed for
approval in an efficient manner.
- Manage a team of 2 Procurement professionals in the completion
of daily responsibilities, projects, coaching, escalation with
suppliers, strategy setting, and sign-off.
- Develop/negotiate large complex agreements. Work with the
business stakeholders and buyers to identify and manage sourcing
opportunities. Provide stakeholders with procurement guidance on
company procedures. Collaborate with all functions on effectively
managing the supply base to ensure a high level of performance and
strong customer service
- Responsible for delivering team cost savings targets through
the competitive bidding process and effective negotiation of supply
and service agreements.
- Act as Business Partner with Business Leaders to create
thorough business requirements and incorporate them into sourcing
strategies and resulting agreements. Persuade internal clients to
engage Procurement as a strategic versus tactical partner while
communicating Procurement value. Work cross-functionally across
outside teams through all phases of the procurement process.
Maintain a high level of communication across the
- Use Procurement Systems to report the Performance of the Team
and monitor spend in scope.
- Communicate Results to Top Management: Business and
- Participate in Procurement Transformation to become a Strategic
Partner to the business with some green field projects to deliver
large savings and develop the skills of the procurement team.Job
- Minimum of 4-7 years of sourcing and procurement experience
with 2 years supporting R&D and Clinical procurement.
- Experience with Professional Services categories (e.g.
consulting, financial services, legal services, etc.) a plus.
- Must have experience in Indirect sourcing and contracting.
- Proven experience in RFI/RFP/RFQ development, evaluation,
negotiations, execution, and contract review/redline.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing procurement strategies
that comprehend and contribute to overall business objectives is a
- Candidate must have applied experience in the understanding of
legal issues, contractual principles, and negotiation techniques
used in the development of complex contractual agreements.
Candidate must have the ability to actively participate on regional
multi-functional teams, a proven capability in workload management,
exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal
skills, problem-solving skills, and significant experience with
Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with e-procurement tools is a plus.
- Experience in managing a team of Buyers is preferred but not
- We look forward to working with a seasoned senior professional
with strong leadership skills to develop into a management role.
Bachelor's degree required. MS/MBA/CPM/CPSM a plus.
Keywords: DSJ Global, Petaluma , Manager of Clinical Procurement R&D and Professional Services, Executive , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...