Respiratory Care Practitioner - Per Diem
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Respiratory Care Practitioner - Per Diem We are looking for a
Respiratory Care Practitioner II - NUHW (National Union of
Healthcare Workers) with the Cardiopulmonary Department at Petaluma
Valley Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications
will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern
Hire system. Location: Petaluma, CA
Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 8-hour, Days Job Summary:
An RCP II is defined as an RCP that has acquired the Registered
Respiratory Therapist credential (RRT) from the National Board of
Respiratory Care. The RCP II will provide routine, emergent and
critical (adult and neonatal ICU) respiratory care to the area of
assignment under the direction of the Respiratory Care Management.
- Demonstrates competent patient care assessment skills for all
- Delivers routine, emergent and critical respiratory care (adult
and neonatal ICU) consistent with department policies and
procedures utilizing all medication, devices and equipment safely
- Establishes and implements goal oriented, outcomes driven
patient care plans according to guidelines.
- Educates patients, families, and health care team on all
aspects of Respiratory care.
- Provides consistent, appropriate, accurate documentation of
patient assessment and clinical data.
- Maintains a safe, clean environment for patients, visitors, and
members of the health care team.
- Contributes to the management and efficient operation of the
- Maintains commitment for self-growth and competency and a
willingness to evaluate/accept new techniques, concepts and
equipment as introduced.
- Participates as an active, cooperative professional member of
the Patient Care Team.
- Performs all responsibilities within the values and framework
of the philosophy of the St. Joseph Health System. Skills:
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Exercises critical thinking skills in an environment which
includes varying, unpredictable, and crisis circumstances.
- Basic computer and data entry skills. Position Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited College, in the field of Respiratory
- Training specific to area of assignment.
Experience:--Experience in an acute (routine and critical)
respiratory care setting.
- Current RRT Certification.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current NRP Certification. Preferred Position Qualifiations:
- ACLS Certification.
- PALS Certification. Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence)
has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in
California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa
Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by
the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of
primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional
referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence
include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only
Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley
Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious)
affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent
Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North
County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St.
Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care
Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral
hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient
behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent
chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community
benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of
life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies. My Profile Create and manage profiles for
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Petaluma , Respiratory Care Practitioner - Per Diem, Healthcare , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!