Clinical Lab Scientist
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are looking for a Clinical Lab Scientist with the Clinical
Laboratory at--Petaluma Valley Hospital. Location: Petaluma, CA
Schedule: Part Time - 32 biweekly hours Shift: 8-hour Days Job
Summary: Performs a wide variety of clinical laboratory tests
classified as waived, moderate and high complexity tests and
procedures according to established standards; maintains and
calibrates highly scientific equipment; serves as a resource to
others relative to technical questions; participates in QC/QA
activities relative to the laboratory. Essential Functions:
- Perform lab specimen testing for all ages of patients in order
to provide accurate and timely diagnostic data in accordance with
established procedures and policies.
- Evaluate the validity of results to determine if the value is
outside the expected norms and documents and verbally reports all
panic and critical test results to patient care area according to
- Perform quality control studies, calibration, and equipment
maintenance to ensure accuracy of clinical lab data; recognize and
report problems and document corrective action.
- Demonstrate effective organization and set appropriate
priorities by completing assignments within prescribed
- Contributes to the effective communication needs of the
department by providing timely and accurate communication in a
positive manner, assisting callers or visitors.
- Maintain a safe, clean environment for all members of the
health care team including collecting and disposing of specimens
and other contaminated material according to established procedure
with adherence to standards of infection control and blood/body
fluid precautions and protective equipment when necessary.
- Demonstrate and maintain commitment for self- growth and
competency including completion of all mandatory education
requirements according to hospital and department standards and
state licensing standards.
- Participates in department activities, provide input into staff
discussion, problem solving effort and follow-up.
- Effectively uses all computer equipment, programs, and
instrument interfaces related to departmental operating functions.
- Knowledge and aptitude for basic computer and secretarial
- Organization and problem-solving skills.
- Evaluative and interpretive skills.
- Adapts to rapidly changing conditions in the work
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and troubleshooting and
maintaining sophisticated lab instruments. Position Requirements:
- One (1) year internship in an approved Medical Technology
- California state license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
Preferred Position Qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor's Degree Experience:
- One (1) year experience in a clinical laboratory in an acute
care laboratory. Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has
worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in
California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the
Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa
Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by
the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of
primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional
referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence
include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only
Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley
Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious)
affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent
Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North
County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St.
Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care
Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral
hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient
behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent
chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community
benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of
life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies. My Profile Create and manage profiles for
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Petaluma , Clinical Lab Scientist, Healthcare , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!