Staff RN II - Emergency Room *$20k Sign on and Relocation*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description We are looking for a Staff Nurse II for the
Emergency Room Department at Providence Petaluma Valley Hospital.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Up
to $20,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance services for
eligible external candidates who meet all conditions for payment -
this is in addition to the fantastic benefits (now including Pet
Insurance!) and compensation package offered by Providence that
begin on your first day of employment. Location: Petaluma, CA Work
Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours Shift: 12-hour, Nights Job
Summary: Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff
Nurse II independently uses the nursing process to safely,
therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses
information from a variety of sources to assess, plan implement and
evaluate the results of patient care. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the patient needs.
- Assesses patients according to department standards and
anticipates changes in patients' status.
- Identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or
abnormal assessments and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
- Involves patient and family and interdisciplinary resource to
develop and revise plan of care.
- Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired
- Implementing Care:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age specific patient's needs, including teaching
and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families
within their age specific categories, providing necessary
information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and
allied health care professionals.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
- Evaluating Care:
- Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to
- Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided
in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the
- Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the
person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title
22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working
within established budget parameters.
- Participates in identification and implementation of cost
- Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and standards
and in collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at
least one activity, project, to help the department/hospital
maintain high quality, cost effective workflow and service to
- Participates in professional development:
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
- Participates in the review process by identifying, developing
and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications/information and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research/quality data collection.
- Assists in modifying/improving practice based on clinical
findings and literature.
- Participates with the nurse manager in the development and
implementation of department goals.
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the
manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on
current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental
- Provides care to patients in assigned units to ensure safe and
appropriate medical care. Tasks performed to carry out this
function include set up of equipment as dictated by varying
situations (e.g. Continuous Passive Motion device, IV Pumps,
Pacemaker monitors); monitoring of vitals signs; appropriate and
timely response to emergent events; administering medications;
activities of daily living; and others.
- Assess patient's physiologic and psychological needs in a
competent and comprehensive manner by performing basic initial
patient assessment upon arrival. Reports abnormal assessment and
documents assessment data according to assigned department
- Evaluates the outcome of patient care by reporting changes,
documenting patient response, consulting with appropriate personnel
and providing rationale for nursing action or inaction based on
outlined protocols. Documents patient status as dictated by
patients' procedures, condition, and other variables.
- Contributes to the individualized patient care plan by
initiating the patient care plan, utilizing development stage
appropriate interventions, reviews/updates patient care plan,
- Implements patient's plan of care by delivering care,
demonstrating skills, administers/documents medications as
directed, performs and documents treatments and procedures,
accompany patients to other units/locations; and others as
instructed in department orientation/protocol.
- Additional functions: Contributes to the management and
efficient operation of the department; participates in performance
improvement by performing indicated departmental accountabilities;
participates in performance improvement by performing indicated
departmental accountabilities; and others as noted in SJHS job
description for Staff Nurse I, II, or III. Skills:
- Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing
- Has the ability to think critically.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
Team. Minimum Position Requirements: Experience: 6 months of
Experience as a RN in a health care setting.
- Current California RN licensure.
- BLS within 60 days of hire.
- 701000-G02 Emergency Room: ACLS; PALS within 6 months of hire
Preferred Position Qualifications: Education: Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing Experience: 1 year of Acute care experience. About
Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of "Know
me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
SR360323 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category: Nursing-Patient
Facing Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Full time Shift: Night
Career Track: Nursing Department: 7821 EMERGENCY SERVICES PV
Address: CA Petaluma 400 N McDowell Blvd Providence is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military
status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Petaluma , Staff RN II - Emergency Room *$20k Sign on and Relocation*, Healthcare , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!