Hospice RN II - *$7,500 Sign-On Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Hospice Registered Nurse II for the HCN
Sonoma Hospice Direct Department at St Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Petaluma, CA Work Schedule: Full Time - 64 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days Job Summary: The Hospice Registered Nurse
provides prescribed nursing care service to Hospice patients and
their families in a home setting, Respite Care Facility (RCFE) or a
skilled nursing facility setting. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrate ability to document the full assessment and create
a plan of care with accurate orders, diagnosis, and projection of
visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient.
- Demonstrate understanding and competency in workflows, problem
charting, interventions, and accuracy of input by review of POC at
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship of clinician
schedule and the time log to validate clinician's day and verify
accuracy of hours reported and processed to payroll.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather patient data to enter in the
electronic medical record for the QAPI, including vital signs,
unusual occurrence reports, ESAS, falls and wound care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing
baseline-nursing skills. Maintains clinical competencies according
to network policies.
- Administers all medications and treatments according to network
policy and procedure, accepted standards of care and network
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, and
- Performs accurate assessments, develops, and implements a
written Plan of Care with the patient following physician's orders
and according to Hospice guidelines.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient
education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as
patient needs change.
- Addresses patient needs and problems, nursing intervention and
patient response, safety interventions and education and
- Effectively establishes priorities and delegates
responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the
- Participation in interdisciplinary conferences/team meetings as
requested by clinical manager.
- Makes visits as scheduled and participates in on-call rotation
as required. Skills:
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written).
- Time management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-of-life care. Minimum Position
Requirements: Education: Complete necessary education to attain RN
Licensure in state of California. Experience: 1 year Professional
nursing experience. Licenses/Certifications:
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support. Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year Hospice Registered Nurse experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Hospice/Palliative Care Nurse
certification St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health
ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California
counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County. Our
networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated
to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals
and families in our community. The Home Health caregivers assist in
restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by
going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological
and spiritual needs of the patient and family members. Our home
care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our
community to care for our dear neighbors. Company: St. Joseph Home
Care Network Category: Hospice Nursing Req ID: R356316
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Petaluma , Hospice RN II - *$7,500 Sign-On Bonus*, Healthcare , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!