Quality Assurance Supervisor - Lab and Production Services
Posted on: September 18, 2023
At Avantor, people are the most important part of our success
because they drive our global performance. That is why our Avantor
Lab and Production Services team is a trusted partner in supporting
the innovation and growth objectives of labs across the globe.
In this role, you will report to the Onsite Manager and will work
closely with the Avantor's Lab and Production Services team of over
1,500 on- and off-site expert personnel - and our customers - to
perform customized, mission-based lab work and research protocols
that help return time back to science.
Hybrid: Work schedule (hours are flexible)
Work from home: Monday, Thursday & Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Onsite: Tuesday and Wednesday on site for 10am to 2pm
Benefits: (All Full-time employees are eligible for health benefits
on 1 st day of employment)
- Health and Wellness: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellness
- Time Off: Paid Time Off (PTO) and Company paid holidays
- Financial Well-Being: Spending Accounts: Flexible Spending
- Account (FSA), Health Savings Accounts (HSA), commuter
benefits, 401(k), tuition assistance, employee stock purchase plan
- Added Protection Coverage: To include critical illness,
hospital indemnity, accident, legal, identity theft protection,
pet, auto, and home insurance,
- Recognition: Celebrate your peers and earn points to redeem on
gifts and products.
What we're looking for
- Education: Bachelor's degree of Science or undergraduate degree
in a business or science-related field is preferred
- Experience: 5-7 years of Biopharmaceutical QA experience
- Previous experience managing associates is required
- Excel, Pivot Tables, and PowerPoint experience is
- Change Control is preferred.
- GMP environment is preferable.
- Trackwise, Veeva and Oracle EBS are required.
- Collaboration Tool: Microsoft Teams experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and Reliable Transportation
- Proven time management, forecasting knowledge, and/or
- Ability to work independently to prioritize multiple competing
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Presentation skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Who you are
A creative, agile, and highly motivated professional seeking to
enhance your experience and gain some meaningful professional
growth within Avantor's Lab and Production Services . Apply today
if you want to go further in your career and have the
- Knowledge of Information Access and ERP Systems; intermediate
Microsoft Office Knowledge with proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and basic understanding of Microsoft Access
- Ability to make sound business decisions with limited
consultation with the manager
- High regard for safety, quality, and adherence to protocols,
policies, and procedures
How you will thrive and create an impact
Avantor's Lab and Production Services team is a crucial part of the
Avantor Services group serving over 500 customers in biopharma,
pharmaceutical, educational, industrial, and high-tech industries
with customizable, flexible solutions and end-to-end laboratory
operations support. In this role you will:
- Lead and direct team efforts as well as performs work provided
in SOW related to customer requirements.
- Coach and motivate team members to successfully perform job
requirements and to meet / exceed goals and objectives.
- Encourage through mentoring, as well as supporting individual,
professional and team growth.
- Manage open order status reports, customer, metrics and
department reports, and SOP/SOW maintenance
- Provide training and development as well as back-up to
associates to perform required tasks.
- Perform administrative duties such as associate performance
appraisals, succession planning, time card review, vacation
- Create and maintain: SOP's, SOW's, SPI's and KPI's.
- Act as a liaison between customer, VWR services and VWR
- Ensures GMP Compliance and Good Documentation Practices.
- Bring Value to the customer from personal development in the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Dare to go further in your career. Join our global team of 14,000+
associates whose passion for discovery and determination to
overcome challenges relentlessly advances life-changing
The work we do changes people's lives for the better. It brings new
patient treatments and therapies to market, giving a cancer
survivor the chance to walk his daughter down the aisle. It enables
medical devices that help a little boy hear his mom's voice for the
first time. Outcomes such as these create unlimited opportunities
for you to contribute your talents, learn new skills and grow your
career at Avantor.
We are committed to helping you on this journey through our
diverse, equitable and inclusive culture which includes learning
experiences to support your career growth and success. At Avantor,
dare to go further and see how the impact of your contributions set
science in motion to create a better world. Apply today!
The expected pre-tax pay for this position is
Actual pay may differ depending on relevant factors such as prior
experience and geographic location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster , EEO is the Law Poster Supplement , and Pay
Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision .
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on
and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by
failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit
any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms
and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and
will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based
on its needs and will not be accepting any form of
Keywords: Avantor, Petaluma , Quality Assurance Supervisor - Lab and Production Services, Healthcare , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!