Human Resources Specialist / Recruiter
Company: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2020
The Human Resources Specialist, assigned to a specific client, is
focused on administrative tasks associated with employee relations,
benefits, and policy administration including changes/terminations,
leave of absence requests, worker s compensation, and benefit
Provide affective leadership to Site Managers, guard force and
management team. Responsible for the delivery of high quality
security and customer service to the client through management,
implementation, restructuring and oversight.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or
position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented
separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform
all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and
functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
* Associates are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required
to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company
policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety
rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors
upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, associates are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
Directs or completes tasks associated with these areas of
* Identify effective Security Officer recruiting resources
including but not limited to; security associations, community
organizations, advocacy groups, government agencies, military
transition centers, vocational/technical schools, colleges and
universities; Maintain a steady flow of qualified candidates
through the on-going management of existing relationships as well
as the development of new resources via on-site visits, email, and
* Attend recruiting events such as job fairs, open houses, and
local employment roundtables; Provide information on available
openings and complete initial candidate screenings. Follow-up with
candidates in a timely manner regarding questions and/or next
* Recommend media campaigns including online job boards, social
media, print, and/or radio; With approval from management, finalize
related details and complete campaign requirements.
* Assist with employee changes/terminations and prepare necessary
paperwork; Communicate and follow-up with employees, as necessary.
Input information into applicable databases.
* Advise employees and client-dedicated Securitas management on the
interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and
* Respond to concerns/inquiries from the client and Pinkerton
management in a timely manner; Ensure that the Human Resources
Manager is advised on all requests/concerns. Maintain a high level
of confidentiality regarding employee-related tasks and/or Company
* Compile data from personnel records and/or the payroll system and
prepare reports, as requested.
* Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager; Coordinate
FMLA, ADA, personal leaves, manage timely communication with
employees, and maintain documentation as required by applicable
laws/regulations. Coordinate worker s compensation claims, manage
timely communication with employees, and maintain documentation as
required applicable laws/regulations. Assist with benefit open
enrollment process including employee communication and document
* Assist with employee changes/terminations and prepare necessary
paperwork; Communicate and follow up with employees, as necessary
b. Input information into applicable databases.
* All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company s pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen, physical, and background
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor s degree and/or HR certification with five years of
related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the
job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or
* Corporate benefit, employee relations, and policy administration
* State and federal employment law experience including but not
limited to; FLSA, ACA, and ADA.
* PHR or SHRM-CP certifications, preferred.
* Hands-on experience with HRIS, payroll, and ATS software
* Self-starter and results driven.
* Able to multi-task and manage competing deadlines/priorities
within a fast paced setting.
* Solid project management skills.
* Attentive to details and accuracy.
* Able to interact effectively, both written and verbal, at all
levels within the organization.
* Able to maintain professional composure when dealing with
emotional or confrontational circumstances.
* Serve as an effective team member.
* Strong customer and results orientation.
* Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, physical, and/or
behavioral selection survey.
* Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
* Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular computer usage.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to
communicate with employees and/or customers.
* Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of
small objects and operating office equipment.
* Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent sitting.
* Travel, as required.
Keywords: Securitas Security Services Usa, Inc., Petaluma , Human Resources Specialist / Recruiter, Human Resources , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!