Company: Golden State
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Golden State is a family-owned lumber company that has been in
business for over 60 years. We have a great company culture,
amazing customers, and we have been voted one of the ''Best Places
to Work" in the Bay Area 5 years in a row, ranking in the top 10
the last 4 years in a row by the San Francisco Business Times.This
is a high energy, fast paced environment. We are looking for a
Payroll Assistant based in our Petaluma corporate office, who is
friendly, possesses a positive personality and who enjoys working
in a team atmosphere. *Please note that this position is full-time,
on-site in Petaluma, CA.Responsibilities/Job Description:
- Responsible for processing payroll on a bi-weekly, monthly and
quarterly schedule using ADP Workforce Now.
- Maintains corporate payroll information, including timecard
- Reviews computed earnings, audits and corrects errors to ensure
- Downloads, compiles and reconciles data for payroll reporting
- Creates and manages complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Prepares data for importing into ADP.
- Responds to inquiries and provides timely, accurate customer
service to our HR Reps and employees.
- Researches and resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and
- Conducts appropriate internal audits to ensure data
- Processes garnishment, verification of employment, Worker's
Comp wage statements and EDD requests.
- Reviews and reconciles ADP invoices.
- Prepares annual payroll processing schedules to ensure payments
are made per company guidelines.
- Prepares annual holiday schedules and enters into ADP time and
- Acts in a confidential capacity handling external and internal
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Previous payroll processing experience required - experience in
ADP WFN a Plus.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and principles encouraged.
- High school education.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel. A
test will be administered to determine proficiency level.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written, oral and
- Must work well in a multitasking environment.
- Work requires continual attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility.
Keywords: Golden State, Petaluma , Payroll Clerk, Human Resources , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!