Company: Arcturus UAV
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Job SummaryThe Technical Writer III is a member of the Technical
Publications team, and under general direction, will be responsible
for contributing to the production of Technical Manuals (TM),
Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), instructional
materials, job aids, templates, SOPs and other written resources
aimed at the defense sector. You will be required to communicate
complex information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. There
will be opportunities to work on multiple cross-functional projects
involving the Publications, Training, Field Operations, and
- Write, format, edit technical documents supporting aircraft,
its associated support equipment, and aviation operations.
- Contribute to the development of technical procedure manuals,
user manuals, system limitations, programming manuals, service
manuals, operational specifications, and related technical
publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical
specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Assist in migration of existing data and content from legacy
systems to a single-source authoring environment.
- Assist in alignment of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS)
materials and documentation with DoD standards.
- Development experience using an xml Authoring Tool and some
knowledge of DoD project writing specifications and standards
(e.g., ATA, S1000D, MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-3001, MIL-STD-38784,
- Work with subject matter experts to create technical
documentation for procedures and tasks.
- Have knowledge of and experience working with IETMs
- Ensure clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation is
authored and technical authoring adheres to processes required by
- Ability to handle sensitive material in compliance with all
internal and external requirements
- Ability to work with company stakeholders across functional
competencies and management levels.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, English, Communication,
or equivalent discipline is required or equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience
- 5-8 years' experience as a technical writer/editor in the
aviation, aerospace, or defense field with Bachelor's degree
- High School Diploma/GED or AA Degree with 9-12 years'
experience as a technical writer/editor in the aviation, aerospace,
or defense field
- Experience preferably in the following industries: aviation,
aerospace, defense sector
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings,
specifications, and system description documents.
- Proficiency in both written and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical/engineering/mechanical background with ability
to grasp complex mechanical and aviation related processes.
- Must be able to work under pressure and within strict
deadlines, receiving little instruction
Other Qualifications & Desired Competencies
- Familiarity with DoD/Govt. contracting and the aerospace
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or
creation of online learning content.
- Basic graphic/video editing skills.
- Help Authoring Tool (HAT) development experience (FrameMaker,
MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, etc).
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment,
where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Focuses on teamwork, collaboration and puts the success of the
team above one's own interests
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve
and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company
- Ability to work in an office environment (Constant)
- Required to sit and stand for long periods; talk, hear, and use
hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard
Special Requirements:U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green
Card holder) required, per ITAR definition
Vaccine Requirement:COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our
communities, families and employees. With employee health and
safety as our top priority, and as mandated by Executive Order
14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal
Contractors, all newly hired employees, in the United States, must
be fully vaccinated before their start date. At this time,
AeroVironment's vaccine requirement only applies to employees based
in the U.S. Non-U.S. locations will have their own vaccination
policies in accordance with local laws and regulations.
AeroVironment / Arcturus cares about its team members and actively
fosters a healthy and safe work environment.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer,
M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws.
We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment
opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment
regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran
and all others that may apply.
AeroVironment / Arcturus UAV is an aerospace manufacturer designing
and producing unmanned aircraft systems in Petaluma, CA.
Keywords: Arcturus UAV, Petaluma , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!