Software Developer Advisor
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NonePublic Trust/Other Required: NoneJob Family: Software
DevelopmentAt GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the
end user accomplish their mission.GDIT is your place. You make it
your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to
complex problems. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, youll play an
essential part in preparing our nation for the future. Our work
depends on a Software Developer Advisor joining our team to support
New York State Department of Heath Medicaid Management Information
System activities at Riverview Center in Menands, NY.At GDIT, our
employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering. As a Software
Developer Advisor supporting the eMedNY Systems Development
Application Design team, you will be trusted to create application
design artifacts and support functional business processes
associated with the eMedNY program. The successful candidate will
have excellent knowledge of Medicaid Management Information Systems
(MMIS), related claims and ancillary transaction processing, etc.
Knowledge of the COBOL programming language, CICS, and DB2
mainframe technologies is required. This position is based at GDITs
office at Riverview Center in Menands, NY.In this role, a typical
day will include:
- Attend Functional Requirements Definition meetings and conduct
Functional Requirements Document creation.
- Perform analysis and design activities associated with customer
and internally generated change requests of complex applications
- Adhere to design standards associated with the creation and
publication of design artifacts and related documentation.
- Track design and other related artifacts throughout the Systems
Development Life Cycle (SDLC) through completion and maintenance of
the eMedNY Project Life Cycle Checklist.
- Provide effort and duration estimates associated with the
analysis and design phase of the SDLC.
- Provide design support during the construction, testing and
quality assurance phases of the SDLC.
- Participate in the review of test plans and packages to ensure
all design requirements are met.
- Participate in the review of post implementation verification
artifacts to ensure all systemic changes are operating as
- Participate in the review of Technical Design Document
materials to ensure the documentation of systemic and other
artifacts are recorded accurately.
- Assist in production and other support activities, and resolve
issues that may arise. Perform research activities as
- Work closely with various Stakeholders to ensure that project
needs are met.
- Oversee project implementations and follow up of assigned
- Provide input for yearly performance appraisals for project
- Mentor and provide leadership for project team
- Stay abreast of industry design trends, and remain current with
associated standards.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- The position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent in
Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related
- 8+ years of COBOL, JAVA, CICS, DB2, mainframe application
development and/or design experience required
- COBOL Programming Language
- IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS)
- Structured Query Language (SQL) - IBM DB2 Rational Database
Management System (RDBMS)
- IBM DB2 Utilities SQL Processing Using File Input (SPUFI),
Query Management Facility (QMF)
- IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) Mainframe Source Code
- Macro4/Insync Dumpmaster
- Macro4/Insync Tracemaster
- Job Control Language (JCL) z/OS
- Z/OS Mainframe Utilities IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SYNCSORT, etc.
- MMIS and related Claims and Ancillary Transaction
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) - HIPAA X12 5010 and NCPDP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate
with customers, support personnel, application development
personnel and management
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple team
members, as well as productively as an individual.WHAT GDIT CAN
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around
- Diverse, highly collaborative teamsCOVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT
does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Petaluma , Software Developer Advisor, IT / Software / Systems , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!