Maintenance Mechanic FULL-TIME $25/hr Perdue Foods is part of
Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second
century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most
trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers
and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while
changing the way animals are raised for food.
To coordinate all feed production to coincide with scheduled
deliveries and outside costumers. To work in maintaining the
efficient running of the mill to ensure proper operation of the
mill equipment. Requires experience in all facets of equipment
repair, plumbing, electrical and machining, work from blueprints,
fabrication and welding Track and comply with all Regulatory
Compliance entities. Plans and implements all activities, products
and services in a manner designed to reduce the adverse
environmental, social and economic impacts and incorporates
commitments to continuous improvement, pollution prevention and
efficient use of natural resources and sustainable practices.
Previous experience maintaining feed mill equipment is required.
Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program
and the long-term and short-term goals of the department.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Dismantle devices to gain access to defective parts.
· Inspect used parts to determine wear and replacement
· Monitor mill equipment and their effects on feed quality
· Adjust functional parts of devices and control
· Repair or replace defective parts, install special functional
and structural parts, clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
· Fabricate parts and equipment
· Test runs devices to evaluate their performance.
· Track inventories and maintain supply of raw ingredients to
meet required production levels.
· Report all activities and issues to management.
· Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required
reports and correspondence.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
· Participate in company and department safety program.
· Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
High School or equivalent
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Electrical, plumbing, equipment repair, tig-welding, metal
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Ability to understand, speaks, and writes fluent English.
Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment
of variables. Ability to analyze and interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal forms, to
include procedure manuals, blueprints, professional journals and
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tool and controls. Ability
to lift, push or pull up to 80-pound boxes and materials regularly.
Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision and ability to
This position offers an excellent benefits program. Must be at
least 18 years of age.
Work environment varies depending on weather (wet, cold, or hot)
conditions, but is predominantly very dusty. Moderate to extreme
levels of noise, safety protection is provided.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
SFO-03 WS-03 WS-TC
Shift start: 8:30AM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
Monday - Friday
Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
Paid time off
Can lift 50 lbs
Must be at least 18+ years old
Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with an assortment of variables. Ability to analyze and interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal
forms, to include procedure manuals, blueprints, professional
journals and technical procedures.
About Perdue Farms
Perdue Farms is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for
everyone they touch through innovative food and agricultural
products. Since their beginning on Arthur Perdue’s farm in 1920, to
their expansion into agribusiness and the introduction of the
PERDUE® brand of chicken and turkey under Frank Perdue. Continuing
with their third generation of leadership with Chairman Jim Perdue,
they've remained family-owned and family operated. They are working
to become the most-trusted name in food and agricultural