Company: Gibson Guitars
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Responsible for accurate, and complete planning and purchase of
raw materials, components, and production supplies, for all
purchasing/release functions related to the capacity planning,
ordering, expediting and procurement of raw materials and
production supplies as assigned. Assisting in source selection,
order placement, order tracking and follow up to the point of use
as required along with supporting category strategy execution, PPV
activities and new project launches. Following up on all supplier's
issues: quality, on time delivery, in quantity delivery and price.
It also focuses on creating a flow of materials to meet the
manufacturing needs, keeping costs and inventory within the annual
budget. Position will also work closely with, but not limited to,
production, quality, engineering, supply chain and product
- Ensuring raw materials, components and production supplies are
ordered accurately and are delivered on-time to support production
- Perform Root Cause Counter Measure when shortages occur.
- Maintain a solid relationship with all suppliers and ensure
strong 2-way communication is present.
- Precise and interactive communication to Supply Chain,
Production leads, supervisors, and accounting to ensure resolution
on process/cost issues.
- Support physical and spot check inventory processes. Manage VMI
and consignment programs.
- Keep accurate and complete records of the chain of custody
documentation of all purchases.
- Provides support and input to Category Manager's/procurement in
pricing, supplier selection and contract compliance. Issues request
for proposals (FRP) and request for quote (RFQ)
- Assures PO/contract/price compliance and insurance adequacy is
maintained when necessary to ensure a constant flow of production
parts to manufacturing.
- Controlling Inventory costs to ensure profitability targets are
- Monitor the receipt of Inventory, insuring proper invoices
and/or credits are presented to Accounts Payable department.
- Liaison between internal and external customers, freight
carriers, and shipping department.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Uphold internal
and external policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with and manage confidential information.
Results oriented, taking ownership of goals and objectives.
- Must be a self-started with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to adapt to complex procurement issues where an
in-depth evaluation or analysis of statistical, commercial, or
technical data is required; capable of performing negotiations with
suppliers, and performing financial, technical, commercial and
performance supplier evaluations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills for short-term/long-term planning and
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain
- 6+ years purchasing and materials planning experience.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Excel expert.
- Demonstrated team leadership, cross team collaboration, project
management and problem solving.
- Knowledge of inventory controls: point of use supplies, single
piece flow, supermarkets, reorder points, etc.
- Enjoys analysis/statistics, a Problem Solver. Clear and logical
- Ability to handle pressure well and calmly lead others through
complex issues across physical and systemic platforms. Should be
detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to clearly communicate requirements and measure
- Must have Player-Coach capability while maintaining a high
degree of ownership in the team.
- Must be a willing student to then transfer new knowledge
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Relish working in a company with a diverse, challenging, and
fast paced environment.
- Less than 5%, across other facilities.
- Mobility to work in typical office and field
(warehouse/production) settings and use standard office equipment.
Strength to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential job functions.
The company's Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete
detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate
in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore
need employees to be flexible.
Keywords: Gibson Guitars, Petaluma , Procurement Buyer/Planner, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!