Position: Produce Clerk at Petaluma Market
Hours: 8 hour shifts varying from 5AM 9PM
Hiring for full-time position
Schedule will range from 32-40 hours a week, must be available
to work holidays & weekends.
Produce Clerks are responsible for the proper stocking and
rotation of merchandise in the produce and floral department,
including trimming, watering, and merchandising of products to
ensure fresh, high quality offerings. They are responsible for
proper inventory control to maximize product freshness and
availability. They answer questions from customers about produce
and floral products and help increase sales by handing out food
samples and by recommending additional items to customers.
- Associate must be reliable and honest.
- Associate must possess integrity and professionalism in their
- Strong communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a
- Ability to read and write at the 8th grade level.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and
carrying items weighing fifty pounds.
- Must be able to frequently lift 35 pounds and occasionally
lift up to 70 pounds.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (or still pursuing
- Prior experience working in produce department.
Starting wage: $18 / hour (negotiable if
Full-time benefits include: medical insurance (100% coverage),
dental insurance (100% coverage), vision insurance (100% coverage),
life insurance, vacation & comp time and 401k profit-sharing