Medical Assistant - Lynch Creek Podiatry
Company: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
Posted on: May 31, 2021
We are looking for a Medical Assistantfor the AMG Lynch Creek
PodiatryDepartment at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Petaluma, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 76 Biweekly Hours
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
The Medical Assistant (MA II) works under the delegation of a
licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in
providing patient care to assigned patients. A Medical Assistant
(MA II) performs all aspects of the Associate Medical Assistant (MA
I) role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for
assigned clinic/location of work. An Medical Assistant (MA II) is
expected to perform in accordance with established policies,
procedures, and regulations.
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as
required for a Associate Medical Assistant (MA I).
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as
appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set
up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care
testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with valiadted
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documention of
all procedures performed in the patient's medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of
biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and
sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain
equipment with validated competencies.
- Anticipate and proactively plan for pracitioner and patient
- Demonstrates a commitment to education and sharing of
knowledge. Assists in orientation of new team members and serves as
a role model of best practices to others.
- Provides open and timely communication and information to
patients, families, and practitioners (as appropriate).
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organzation and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
- Provides MA administrative and clinical support required to
deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit
platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the patients and the
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances,
instill trust in others while upholding the values of the
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and
verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with
colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local
laws relating to position and patient care.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety
- Increasingly expanded knowledge of principles and practices
governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Performs delegated work with minimal oversight.
- Must possess expanded knowledge of vaccinations, medications,
their use, to include brand and generic names related to the
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple
tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrates a high degree of accountability with increasing
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education:H.S. Diploma or GED
- Six (6) monthsHealthcare experience
- Six (6) monthsMedical Assistant experience
- Effective 7/1/2022, all newly hired MAs are required to have a
current California state MA certification or National
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant.
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2022, will have 12
months to obtain their California state or National MA
certification as listed above.
- Required upon hire: Current BLS Must be AHA accredited
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education:Coursework/Training - Graduate of accredited
school for medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of
coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for the CA State
or National Certification exam
Licenses/Certifications:Active CA State MA certification or
active national certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA,
NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most
respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75
locations throughout California, including, Northern California,
Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage
Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in
quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of
success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and
a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and
values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Mission Hospital Mission Viejo, Petaluma , Medical Assistant - Lynch Creek Podiatry, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!