Franchised Bistro Manager
Company: Marriott International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Posting Date May 18, 2021
Job Number 21048431
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Courtyard Petaluma Sonoma County, 700 Caulfield Lane,
Petaluma, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee
controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and
practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Bistro Manager is responsible for preparing food orders and
serving meals or beverages to patrons and coordinating kitchen
activities by performing various duties. This position may be
required to serve alcohol based on property need. The Bistro
Manager also provides direction and oversight to Bistro team
members. Management-level associates are expected to work as much
of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three to six months related experience; or equivalent
combination of training and experience; supervisory experience
- Depending on the location of the hotel upon hire applicants may
be required to obtain a "bartender license" through the local
municipality. Applicants must be able to pass the municipality's
licensing screening process in order to be considered for
- Must be Tips Certified (Responsible Alcohol Serving) and hold a
food sanitation license.
- Requires the ability to read write and speak the English
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations;
includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and
requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats
others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or
- Knowledge of and ability to appropriately interpret and follow
policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security
procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment
and materials properly.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly
and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience whether verbal or
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule to be at work
and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside
of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a
warm friendly courteous and professional manner.
- Presents menu answers questions and takes food and beverage
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of
persons to be served.
- Monitors tables in assigned section ensuring all patrons are
- Computes bill and accepts payment; tracks sales receipts.
- Clears and cleans tables; resets counters and tables.
- Maintains kitchen and wait station by keeping area tidy and
clean and stocks kitchen and bar at the end of each shift.
- Inventories food supplies and equipment weekly and order
supplies as needed.
- Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
- Receives dates and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure
quality and quantity meet established standards and
- Ensures tips are reported properly for tax processing.
- Constantly monitors pricing from vendors to ensure we are
receiving the best pricing and quality available
- Supervises bistro staff including training new hires creating
schedules monitoring and communicating with staff
- Other duties as assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott International, Petaluma , Franchised Bistro Manager, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!