Hospice RN Manager
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a Hospice RN Manager for the HCN Sonoma
Hospice Direct Department at St Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Petaluma, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
The Hospice Manager coordinates the hospice interdisciplinary
team to ensure competent, accurate and safe delivery of holistic
care to all patients/families. This position Coordinates and
directs delivery of patient care to a designated geographical area
and team. Provides leadership to clinical team directs staff
meetings and patient care conferences on a regular basis, builds
- Monitors staffing productivity and identifies staffing needs to
ensure adequate staff coverage to meet safe and timely patient care
- Is knowledgeable of federal Conditions of Participation, state
licensing regulations and accreditation standards and is able to
interpret regulations for clinical staff to ensure patient
advocacy, informed decision making and compliance with policies and
- Is knowledgeable of reimbursement requirements for all third
- Review Plans of Care to ensure orders, frequencies and
documentation are complete and accurate.
- Monitors census for current active patients and timely
- Performs joint supervisory home visits at time of review or
more often as needed to ensure compliance with network policies,
assess competence of staff, compliance with Standard Precautions,
and quality of care delivery.
- Completes staff performance reviews in timely manner, addresses
performance weaknesses and coaches staff for improvement. Initiates
progressive discipline action collaboratively with Manager and the
Human Resources Department.
- Facilitates and ensures quality initiatives are
- Is a good steward of resources working within Budget, managing
productivity and practicing cost containment.
- Monitors and informs administration of serious patient/staff
concerns or any other situation that would be high risk for the
network. Follows chain of command appropriately.
- Monitors and manages visit utilization, supply utilization and
staff overtime to ensure good financial management.
- Ensures staff meets competency requirements via orientation and
annual skills lab attendance at all mandatory inservices.
Demonstrates knowledge of human resources principles and network
- Coordinates the IDG meetings in a timely manner so that the
Plans of Care are reviewed for each patient, all deaths are
reviewed, problems are identified and solved through in an
inter-disciplinarian approach, staff receives emotional and
- Assigns RN Case managers and Social Workers to new
- Communicates with patients/family as needed for care
- Schedules all clinical, on-call and triage staff for weekdays,
weekends, holidays 24/7, communicates coverage to the Answering
Service and appropriate hospice staff.
- Coordinates admissions to hospice with Hospice Admission
Coordinators and HH Admission.
- Participates in Palliative Care Conferences as requested.
- Coordinates care with Home Health, Private Duty, and Pharmacy
as needed to meet the patient's needs.
- Obtains authorization for and coordinates the implementation of
Continuous Care, Respite Care, and inpatient care.
- Assesses need and provides authorization for medications,
supplies, and equipment that are not routinely covered by
- Conducts interviews of potential employees.
- Acts as a role model to facilitate change and to develop and
- Effective skills in communication, problem-solving,
interpersonal relationships and prioritization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situation.
- Critical thinking skills, able to make decisions, handle
multiple concurrent tasks.
- Exhibits good organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated skill in end of life care, staff supervision,
documentation requirements, hospice regulations, service
coordination or case management.
- Sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical
decision-making for the patient population assigned to meet the
needs of patients.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Education to meet certification, license or
- 2 years recent clinical experience as an RN in Hospice,
Palliative Care, Home Health, or Oncology.
- 1 year Supervisor or management experience.
- Current State of California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Proof of current auto liability insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Hospice and Palliative Care
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry
of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties;
Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are
dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of
individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's
optimal health and support the family by going into the home and
ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of
the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching
out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Petaluma , Hospice RN Manager, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!