We are looking for a Telemetry Technician - NUHW (National Union
of Healthcare Workers) with the Med-Surg Department at NorCal
Location: Petaluma, CA
Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 12-hour, Days (Variable)
Responsible for maintaining the nursing station by performing
clerical, order entry and receptionist duties, as well as observing
and responding to the telemetry alarms. Provide patient care as
appropriate with scope of practice.
- Demonstrates competency in monitoring and interpreting
telemetry rhythms; identifies and reports changes in cardiac
- Assembles and maintains patients' medical record and
transcribes physician orders in an accurate and efficient manner,
which facilitates ongoing communication of information.
- Demonstrates competency when performing patient care procedures
within scope of practice and after competency verification.
- Coordinates and tracks the discharge, transfer and movement of
patient and post mortem process of a patient according to standards
with no more than two reported errors per month.
- Accurately charges and credits patient accounts per unit or
department guidelines, if applicable.
- Demonstrates responsibility for containment of hospital costs
and conservation of office supplies; identifies potential cost
- Establishes and maintains a safe, clean and organized physical
environment in the nurses station.
- Responds to the needs of patients, visitors, physicians, staff
and volunteers in a proactive manner to create a welcoming,
- Reports patient/visitor concerns, complaints and information to
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
- Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the
manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on
current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental
- Able to communicate effectively, written and oral.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of Information Systems.
- Effective skill in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships and prioritization.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Able to utilize simple Windows based computer programs.
Education: Education to meet certification, license or
- CPR certification within 60 days of hire.
- Certificate of completion of approved Rhythm Interpretation
course with a grade of 80% or better or pass equivalent hospital
provided test with 80% or better.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: Healthcare experience
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades
to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.