Wound Care RN - Wound Care Center
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are looking for a Wound Care RN for the Wound Care Center
Department at NorCal HealthConnect. Apply Today! Applicants that
meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional
questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Petaluma, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Wound Care Therapy Nurse provides specialized care to
individuals in the ambulatory setting with complex draining wounds,
fistulae or skin breakdown secondary to circulatory compromise. In
planning nursing interventions, the Wound Care Therapy Nurse must
consider related physiological, social and behavioral components
that may result from or affect the individual's response and/or
adjustment to altered body function and image. This specialized
nursing care is given independently and in collaboration with all
members of the health disciplines.
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the patient needs.
- Assesses patients according to department standards.
Identifies abnormal assessments and takes appropriate
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
- Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to
develop and revise the plan of care.
Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired
- Implementing Care:
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age specific patient's needs, including teaching
and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families
within their age specific categories, providing necessary
information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and
allied health care professionals.
Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
- Evaluating Care:
- Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to
Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided
in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the
- Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
- Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the
person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title
22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working
within established budget parameters.
Demonstrates commitment to department objectives/standards.
- Participates in professional development:
- Develops clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
- Participates in the review process by identifying, developing
and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research/quality data collection.
Participates with the nurse manager in the development and
implementation of department goals.
- Other specific competencies that have been identified by the
manager related to changes in departmental operations that focus on
current clinical practices and are listed on the Supplemental
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Effective skills in communication, problem solving,
interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Ability to think critically.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
Minimum Position Requirements:
Experience: 1 year Direct patient care experience, including
direct patient wound care experience.
- Current California RN licensure.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare (CPR).
- Wound Care Certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Licenses/Certifications: Wound Ostomy Certified.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades
to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Petaluma , Wound Care RN - Wound Care Center, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!