Company: Tri Pointe Homes
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you interested in joining a company culture where
accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and
rewarded? Tri Pointe Homes is dedicated to insightful design and
superior craftsmanship, we are setting a new standard in
homebuilding and customer experience. If this sounds like a career
for you, apply to be a part of our great team.
Tri Pointe Homes Bay Area Division is looking for an
experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as
a Construction Manager in our Petaluma worksite.
Position Highlights: Plans and manages the homebuilding
construction process for a designated community. Oversees trade
partners to ensure quality control, adherence to the Company's
scopes of work and safety protocols. Engages with external
consultants, internal team members and homeowners to effectively
execute and deliver quality homes with high customer satisfaction.
Applies independent judgment and discretion to appropriately manage
field operations on a daily basis.
- Manages trade partners and consultants, including initiating
and approving changes and purchases orders, withholding approval of
payment for unsatisfactory or incomplete work; inspects work and
approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages
contract adherence and provides input on trade partner selection
- Oversees onsite safety of the Company's employees to ensure
they work safely; evaluates safety violations by employees and
trades and exercises judgment to take appropriate action.
- Schedules aspects of construction projects, including trade
partners, material deliveries, and inspections; manages work
against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that trade partners,
employees and vendors perform on schedule and on budget.
- Exercises discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modifies
schedules (as appropriate) in response to field conditions to
achieve Company goals.
- Manages the home-building process from permitting to home
delivery (and first-year warranty if required).
- Uses sound judgment to implement the Company's jobsite
compliance programs and monitors trade partner compliance with
scopes of work and applicable regulations such as building codes,
quality standards, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health and safety
- Acts as the Company's primary representative on the jobsite
with third parties such as trade partners, customers and government
inspectors and investigators.
- Manages daily logistics of the site to ensure various
contractors work harmoniously; stages the job by determining the
timing and location of material deliveries, sequencing of work and
option installation, and verifying prior work is completed to the
Company's high standards prior to follow on work. All with the goal
of meeting established cycle time goals per home and community
- Communicates with sales, purchasing, homeowners, consultants,
trades, building officials and customer care to successfully manage
and execute the homebuilding process.
- Engages with homeowners during brand/division-required
orientations/walks to achieve high levels of customer
- May manages Assistant Construction Managers; provides training
and feedback to foster their growth and advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor's
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant construction experience or
- Strong knowledge of home construction.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to
architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans
& soils reports.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of
- Expertise in Hyphen BuildPro.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel,
Word and Project.
At Tri Pointe Homes, we are intentional about fostering an
environment where you, and all individuals, are encouraged to be
their authentic selves. We embrace individuality and strive to be
consciously inclusive of different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives in every aspect of our business. We believe our
company's strength relies on the diversity of the team and the
unique, innovative ideas everyone contributes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we make
employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and are
committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and
employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to apply for an open position or to participate in an
interview, please let us know.
This position is located in Petaluma, CA. View the Google Map in
Keywords: Tri Pointe Homes, Petaluma , Construction Manager, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!