Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Now is an exciting time to join our Operations team, a team
dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the products they need
to achieve their scientific goals - quickly, reliably and safely.
Our Petaluma, CA site is expanding and ramping up to support the
fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for
the right reason join our growing team today!
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located at the Petaluma, CA location, 2200 S.
McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
How will you make an impact?
Your ideas will bring new products to life as you collaborate
with other design engineers, process development engineers and
project leaders to develop plastic products for life science,
medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product
markets. Make an impact for your career, our customers and the
world with this exciting opportunity for a talented Maintenance
Technician. Collaborate with others like you to drive innovation
and develop best tooling practices in a growing organization.
What will you do?
- Follow quality standards in accordance with company
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance practices and
record all data.
- Observe mechanical equipment in operation and follow good
troubleshooting practices to locate causes of trouble. Adjust
functional parts of equipment and control instrumentation. Install
or replace worn or faulty components for equipment performance
restoration or improvement. Test equipment performance and record
- Perform daily responsibilities with urgency and a high level of
- Demonstrate creativity and diligence in meeting daily and long
term projects and performance objectives.
- Initiate purchase orders for parts and machines.
- Assist in training new technicians.
- May perform other reasonable, related business duties.
- Under general supervision, repairs and maintains machinery and
equipment such as motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems,
production machines, and general facilities maintenance.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training, which includes
experience or training in two or more of the following trades:
plumbing, electrical, machine shop, or electronics/controls.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret a variety documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate leadership & plan effectively
- Skills needed HVAC knowledge
- Electrical troubleshooting and knowledge of PLC"s
- knowledge of electrical installation
- AC/DC drives, hydraulics, pneumatics
- Background in industrial, mechanical settings
- Ability to read prints, drawings, and schematics
- Instructions, and procedure manuals furnished in written, oral,
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use hand and machine shop tools. Ability to train
others by technical means and by example.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Petaluma , Maintenance Technician, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!