Company: Active Wellness
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The General Manager is an important leadership position and will
be responsible for the oversight of the fitness center. The General
Manager is responsible for carrying out Active Wellness commitment
to service its members in the best fitness environment possible
with the friendliest staff, most educated trainers, cleanest
facility, most ethical business practices and state of the art
equipment. This person is responsible for achieving club objectives
by developing a quality environment, meeting or exceeding financial
projections, overseeing ancillary sales and meeting or exceeding
new membership and retention goals. The General Manager will be
responsible for the overall supervision of team members and
facility management to provide the best experiences for our members
as well as a financially successful club. Serve as a role model and
direct and manage the day-to-day operations of a clubs fitness
programming in a way that realizes the companys mission and core
- Cultivate and lead a positive, team-centered work environment
that delivers on company goals.
- Hire, train, manage and develop a high-quality team of fitness
professionals in a way that enables them to reach their full
- Review and evaluate staff performance constructively on a
regular basis through informal and formal performance management
- Create communication mechanisms for staff that enables two-way
dialogue and provides them with timely and accurate information
pertaining to the company and club goals, programs, promotions, and
- Manage an efficient fitness department whereby day-to-day
operations run smoothly, company-wide policies are followed
consistently, and problems are resolved in an effective and timely
- Create staff schedules that guarantee there is appropriate
coverage by the fitness team.
- Maintain and process all paperwork associated with members,
staff or club operations completely and ensure information is
entered in the appropriate systems accurately.
- Administration and processing of all semi-monthly online
timesheet and employee payroll.
- Ensure superior customer service by sustaining a culture,
through leadership and example, wholly committed to listening to
members and guests, understanding their needs, and exceeding their
- Create and deepen relationships with members and enhance their
sense of belonging and community within the club.
- Work with the sales team to integrate members into the club in
a timely manner.
- Develop systems that deal with member issues proactively and in
a timely, professional manner.
- Sincerely acknowledge members and guests.
- Be professional in your personal presentation.
- Use a professional and friendly communication style to enhance
our members and guests experience.
- Be aware of and meet specific member and guest needs.
Staff Training and Management
- Ensure the fitness team takes an active role in keeping current
in their fields and are well trained and knowledgeable about their
jobs, the company, and our services, promotions, and business
practices so that they can provide members and guests with
consistent and accurate information.
- Educate and train the fitness team on the company and
- Ensure that all members of the fitness team keep current with
the appropriate certifications, (i.e. PT, CPR/AED) they need for
their job and maintain all paperwork associated with those
- Train staff and create systems that ensure they are embracing
and following our Service Standards.
- Cross-train staff so that they are always ready and available
to help members and guests no matter what their job.
- Achieve financial performance results through the generation of
ancillary service revenues, expense control, and member
- Oversee ancillary service programs and ensure that the programs
are safe, provide quality experiences for members, meet members
expectations and goals, and achieve revenue goals.
- Know your competition and use that information to make
suggestions or changes that enable your club to be best in
- Develop and implement member communications initiatives that
increase member retention, satisfaction, and participation in
- Monitor, evaluate and continuously improve operations,
programming, and financial performance by interacting with members
and staff, listening to their feedback and ideas and analyzing key
metrics and data.
- Uphold Active Wellness written policies and procedures.
- Enforce policies fairly and consistently.
- Attend Active Wellness management meetings, pieces of training
- Conduct a physical inspection of the entire club several times
a day and make any corrections.
- Assist in sales (membership, massage, personal training,
nutritional counseling, special programs).
- Develop relationships with members and encourage member
- Manage all logs/record keeping (OSHA, gift certificate, lost
- Maintain safety standards from OSHA.
- Make sure that the club is well stocked and really clean
What You Bring to the Team
- 5 years of management experience in hospitality/fitness or
- Experience in a fitness and wellness environment.
- Hire, discipline, manage, evaluate and terminate staff as
- 4-year college degree or equivalent education and
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
- Communication skills, management skills, customer service
oriented, results-oriented, basic computer skills, ability to
multi-task, experience in leading a team.
- Proof of citizenship or legal status.
- Promote site services and activities
- Be knowledgeable about all programs, activities offered by
Active Wellness and promote services/activities
- Attend Active Wellness site meetings and training
- Be well-organized and highly efficient when managing your
- Be a team player and show a willingness to learn new
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Ability to take responsibility for the health and safety of
- Ability to stand for several hours in the same shift; ability
to lift 25 lbs.
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
Keywords: Active Wellness, Petaluma , General Manager, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!