Environmental Services Specialist - Environmental Services
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: January 12, 2022
We are looking for an Environmental Services Specialist for the
Environmental Services Department at Providence Petaluma Valley
Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will
receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
system.Location: Petaluma, CAWork Schedule: On Call/ Per DiemShift:
8-hour, Days (Variable)Job Summary:Supervises a small group of
employees while performing Environmental Services within assigned
area of responsibility. This position requires a moderate amount of
- Performs Environmental Service duties within area.
- Oversees projects scheduled and performed for department and
checks quality of work done by said employees.
- Trains new employees upon hiring, and retrain current employees
on floor care techniques and best practices established by
- Schedules and coordinates project work with various department
staff and management.
- Provides coverage for department shifts areas as needed.
- Area of Specialization:
- Ability to respond to routine and stat requests generated from
patient care areas.
- Provide assistance to fellow staff members.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload and reassess immediate
duties to accommodate patient care.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to cover area shifts within
- Oversees floor program for facility and support for other
entity floor needs.
- Assumes Lead responsibilities in the absence of Department
- Understanding of housekeeping techniques and processes.
- Understanding of general hospital policies and procedures.
- Understanding of infection control principles.
- Interpersonal relation skills.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.Preferred
Position Qualifications:Experience: Experience with floor care
products, equipment and processes.Providence St. Joseph Health
(Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality
of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma
County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors
of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the
mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an
integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient,
palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County
facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa
Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In
addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg
Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our
services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of
Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel
Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as
well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
area.Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to
employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis"
to fill in for staff vacancies.Company: Sonoma County
EntitiesCategory: Environmental ServicesReq ID: R349907
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Petaluma , Environmental Services Specialist - Environmental Services, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!