Clerk - Onsite in Novato, CA
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of
businesses. We are transforming the health care system through
innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a
difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in
accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver
cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance
companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to
improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the
meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required
to work our normal business hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm PST. It may be
necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or
weekends. Our office is located at 384 Bel Marin Keys Blvd, Novato,
- Prepare and review insurance paper claims for accuracy.
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence and
prepare outgoing mail.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing and database
- Operate office machines, photocopiers and scanners, facsimile
machines, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Complete and mail claims, documents, invoices, and checks.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office
- Answer phones, direct calls and take messages.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge
and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring
judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general
instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Identify any issues or trends and bring them to the attention
of the management team.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. You'll be rewarded and recognized for
your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give
you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as
well as provide development for other roles you may be interested
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office setting
- Ability to work our normal business hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm
PST, Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional
overtime or weekends per business need Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience with Healthcare Billing and Claims
- 1+ years of experience with working knowledge of medical
- Previous EPIC experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office products Soft Skills:
- Attention to detail, organized and ability to multi-task
California Residents Only: The salary range for California
residents is $16.00 - $23.13. Pay is based on several factors
including but not limited to education, work experience,
certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group
offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package,
incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k
contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility
requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with
UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Petaluma , Clerk - Onsite in Novato, CA, Other , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!