Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Posted on: January 9, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.We are currently looking for
a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor, to join our team, at our
Petaluma, CA facility. In this role, you will supervise the
activities of production personnel, engaged in all facets of the
manufacturing function, during the assigned shift. You will assume
authority for personnel actions and oversee most day to day
operations for a group of professionals or skilled operational and
technical employees. You will use your experience and great
judgement skills to plan and accomplish goals, and to assist the
Production Manager in the processing of Customer products. You will
contribute to the performance management of shift personnel and
address issues pertaining to training, wages, hiring and
terminating. This position will train on first or second shift.
Once training is complete, the role will move to third shift.What
We Offer You:This is a great opportunity to join a
well-established, global company that will invest in your career
growth over the long term. STERIS wouldn't be where it is today
without our incredible, talented people. That's why we share in our
success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people
who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.We
offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit and bonus plans
- Cell phone stipend, safety shoe stipend and all necessary tools
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancementWhat You Will Do:
- Implement operational tactics and plans by collecting,
analyzing and preparing reports for review by appropriate company
- Monitor movement and storage of unprocessed and processed
products, to permit accurate tracking and eliminate product
- Maintain machines and equipment for proper operation and
minimized downtime and deviations; perform minor repairs when
needed until maintenance is required for more complex repairs.
- Lead assigned staff through coaching, counseling, motivating
and disciplining as needed; planning, monitoring and appraising job
results; directing and maintaining activities designed to achieve
and maintain high employee morale; fostering intra- and
- Enforce procedures, rules and regulations; monitor all safety
and security systems and procedures on a regular basis.
- Maintain frequent coordination with Production Manager to
review methods and approaches to effectively implement work
instructions, exchange ideas, review shift activities and
paperwork, and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with shift personnel. Communicate
daily with other shift supervisors including discussions of safety,
processing, maintenance, or quality problems occurring during the
- Assist Validation Technician as needed.
- Contribute in a team effort by performing according to the
guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the
GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supporting the
directives and decisions of higher-level management and
accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Protect company confidential information by properly storing,
retrieving, and disseminating such information only to those
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through professional and timely
communication with internal and external Customers and effective
problem resolution.What You Need to be Successful:
- High School Diploma/GED and 5+ years of relevant experience, or
Associate Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience, or Bachelor's
Degree and 1+ year of relevant experience required. Relevant
experience includes lead or supervisory operations/production
experience within a regulated industry (FDA, ISO, or other), with
strong Customer focus.
- Must be able to effectively read, write and verbally
communicate in English.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs and
successfully navigating a computer.
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior
- Strong attention to detail, along with technical,
organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Ability to influence others, and to make decisions in stressful
situations.#LI-KW1STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE)
organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and
operates in more than 100 countries.If you need assistance
completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047.
This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and
cannot be used to check application status.STERIS is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure
that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and
promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.The full
affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by --
60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants
for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be
obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: STERIS, Petaluma , Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift, Professions , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!