Electric Distribution Operations, Supervisor (Petaluma)
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Requisition ID# 121841Job Category : Maintenance / Construction
/ OperationsJob Level : SupervisorBusiness Unit: Electric
Operations Department OverviewThe Coworkers of Electric Operations
ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy
to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California.
Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's
electric distribution and transmission operations, including
planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset
management, business planning, restoration and emergency
response.Position SummaryThe Electric Operations Distribution
Maintenance and Construction leadership manages teams directly or
indirectly involved in maintaining or building parts of the service
territory distribution grid. Supervisors and Superintendents may
oversee teams working projects throughout the services territory.
The Distribution leaders provide safe and reliable electric service
while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility
Commission (CPUC) General Orders, all safety regulations and other
regulatory requirements. The leaders fully implement safety best
practices and manage employees accountability. Leaders must ensure
full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention
Program.Travels at least 10% - 50% of time with occasional
overnight stays.Location can be flexible within the Bay Area Region
- Oversees operational activities to ensure safe, efficient, and
effective execution of work to meet business priorities.
- Positively impacts and supports the increased presence of
T&D Supervisors in the field.
- Responsible for providing job packages to contractors, cost
forecasts, accruals, documentation, QA, closeout, and
- Supervises a team that includes clerks and other support
- Supports the execution team and coordination, tracking and
reporting progress on the work plan as needed
- Ensures readiness of work and implements batching strategies to
- Regularly visits work sites (average 15% of time) to monitor
progress and employee performance.
- Manages, assigns and ensures completion of emergent work, i.e.
emergency notifications; cases (help tickets); new business work
- Serves as lead for external customer needs. Supports Service
Planning and Engineering to ensure customer commitments are met,
including timely and accurate inspections of New Business applicant
- Receives and addresses customer cases (help tickets) with field
visits and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Serves as lead for special assignments including process
improvement and technology implementation.
- Serves as lead for Fleet/Yard/Tools/Materials coordination.
Works closely with T&D Supervisors to ensure prudent use of
budget for tools, equipment, and rentals. Ensures availability to
support construction activities.
- Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements
work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate
and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Reviews operational gaps and provides feedback to appropriate
parties (e.g. Estimating, Sourcing, Engineering Standards).
- Develops and executes action plans to improve employee
knowledge and skills. Ensures all training and audit corrective
actions are completed on time.
- Responds to emails/data requests and re-directs requests to
other department owners as appropriate.
- Proactively prepares for company efforts to reduce system
risks, including Public Safety Power Shutoff. May serve as
Operations Chief in OEC/EOC major emergency activations.
- Supervises staff, including bargaining unit employees, to
accomplish results through recruitment and selection, training and
development, performance management, and rewards and
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED
- Experience in technical environment, job-related, 5 years
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Willingness to work in remote locations
- Willingness to work in extreme conditions
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of working timeDesired:
- Associates Degree in Engineering or job-related discipline or
- Cluster-Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction
Management or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Utility industry experience, electric
- Experience as Journeyman or higher in Lineman line of
- Ability to work on-call rotation
- Project management skills. T-300 and Contracting Supervisors
must have strong project management skills to oversee larger
- General computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Customer services orientation, including communication skills,
initiative and problem solving.
- Knowledge of various bargaining unit contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold safety standards and participate
in continuous process improvement
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and/or supervising
bargaining unit personnel
- Ability to influence a team to handle and prioritize multiple
tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience using business metrics to motivate and influence
- Extensive leadership skills including developing and conducting
presentations to employees and management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule, including
being on call as well as responding to emergencies that may occur
throughout our service territory
- May work outside in remote areas, steep and/or uneven terrain,
and inclement weather conditions.#featuredjob
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Petaluma , Electric Distribution Operations, Supervisor (Petaluma), Professions , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!