Project Engineer - Multi-Family Construction
Company: The Spanos Corporation
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Multifamily Developer/Construction Company is seeking to fill a
full time Construction Project Engineer. The Project Engineer
provides both field and office support under the direction of the
Project Management Team. They provide Document Administration for
all phases of the construction project(s) including, RFIs, ASIs,
Submittals, Meeting Minutes, As-Built Drawings, Closeout
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist to develop and maintain the CPM project schedule, post
initial land closing, updated bi-monthly until final acceptance and
completion of the project.
- The PE is responsible to read and understand the scope of work
for each subcontractor.
- Develop and maintain the project submittal log on a weekly
basis. Assist team with procurement of project submittals, reviews
submittals as directed by Project Manager.
- Assist team with development and maintenance of the project QC
/ QA program and project specific checklists.
- Develops and assist to maintain and update the deficiency log
- Develops and maintains project RFI logs monthly.
- Facilitate the RFI process as directed by the Project
- Attends on site project meetings with subcontractors and staff,
assist with maintaining meeting minutes as needed
- Maintains an "as - built" set of drawings for each of the
projects monthly (posting of ASI's, RFI's, redlines etc.)
- Assist the Project Superintendent with schedule updates and
- Assist to create project files with PC and ensures the field
hard copy files are maintained monthly.
- Assist PM with permit procurement.
- Assist PM with scheduling and procurement of company purchased
products and materials:
- Assist the PM with subcontractor / vendor approvals and
billings as needed.
- Assist Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent with
monitoring, maintaining and enforcing the field safety program on
- Obtain and submit all as-built drawings, guarantees,
warranties, and required operating and maintenance
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project
Engineer shall schedule, conduct, prepare and distribute minutes of
coordination meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and all
other meetings as directed by the Project Manager or
- Perform any other duties as required for close-out and/or
occupancy of the project.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by
all project personnel and trade contractors, working with the
safety support personnel as a resource. Participate in weekly site
safety meetings, lead meetings if directed by Supervisors. Review
and understand the trade safety program and MSDS information in the
trade contractor start up meeting. Be familiar with OSHA safety
requirements, laws and regulations that pertain to the project.
Review the plans and specifications for constructability and
construction schedules and advise the team of issues or
deficiencies. Understand trade contractor and supplier contractor
Mentor and train other employees as necessary. Provide daily
- Personal effectiveness/credibility.
- Excellent listening skills
- Problem solving.
- Collaboration skills/effective participation in team
- Proficient communication.
- Computer skills.
- Ethical conduct.
You will review the work of subcontractors and other AGS employees
as designated and are responsible for the performance of those you
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing
construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the
work environment may range from moderate to loud. This position is
performed in outside weather conditions.
This position is often active by standing, walking, climbing,
stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling and bending. This position
requires the ability to drive a motor vehicle. Rarely lift up to 50
pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. The employee on occasion may
lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some
out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. High school diploma.
2. Five years of related project engineering in a multi-family
3. Understanding of construction site safety procedures and best
4. Valid Driver's License with proof of vehicle insurance.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details;
able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline
2. Ability to read and understand blueprints, work orders, safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
3. Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and
employees at all levels.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship,
or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or
Keywords: The Spanos Corporation, Petaluma , Project Engineer - Multi-Family Construction, Professions , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!