Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
MV Transportation is seeking a Fleet Maintenance Supervisor to
supervise the maintenance operation during their shift. This
includes preventative maintenance and repair of a large fleet of
buses and sedans, supervision of all maintenance staff during their
assigned shift, assurance that all contractual requirements are
achieved, supervision of the maintenance program and reports as
well as tracking work orders and filling appropriately. The Fleet
Maintenance Supervisor will work under the Fleet Maintenance
Manager in the running of the day-to-day business. Qualified
candidates must have technical competence with light/medium-duty
vehicle repair and preventive maintenance. Job
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager, other Maintenance
Supervisors, and assigned Maintenance Leads to schedule and/or
resume vehicle maintenance on assigned shift. Maintains close
communications with Operations, to respond to road calls in a
timely manner. Dispatch mechanics, and schedule repairs in an
- Reviews work orders for accuracy and ensure production
schedules are met. With prioritization, safety, quality, and
efficiency foremost, the MS estimates productivity times and
establishes or adjusts shift employees' production schedules.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with employees to communicate,
prioritize, assign, adjust and interpret for vehicle inspection,
servicing, repairing, and cleaning.
- Supervise Maintenance Department employees and productivity to
ensure accurate and timely completion of job assignments and
cleanup activities with follow-up inspection. Clearly communicates
staff expectation in an effective and consistent manner.
- Responsible for the monitoring and recording of employee work
time and attendance, in coordination with the Maintenance Manager,
review, approve and schedule employee time off balancing the need
for overtime usage.
- Train and direct employees on shift in all phases of service
and repair of vehicles including but not limited to, basic repairs,
air conditioning, electrical, major component rebuild and/or
vehicle cleaning operations.
- Consistently and fairly, initiates where necessary, documents
and recommends appropriate written and verbal disciplinary action
- Analyze and assist in the resolution of work-related problems
and diagnosis of malfunctions with machinery and equipment during
- Generate, as requested, input and track work orders delegated
to staff in the Fleet Focus Maintenance Management System. Updates
the daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Assist in the development, monitoring, communicating,
interpreting, and enforcing compliance of administrative and
department policies, operating procedures, uniform, safety
compliance, regulatory standards, clean-up procedures and quality
control processes to ensure efficient daily operations and
- Responsible for retrieving, issuing, and logging parts and
supplies required for use by shift employees.Talent Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience or training in repair
and preventive maintenance of fleet equipment.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience or any
combination of training and experience.
- ASE certified to meet job classification. If not certified,
must be willing to get certified.
- Prior supervisory or lead experience--crews of six (6) or
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and MS
- Must possess a California Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Must have a valid California driver's license. During the
course of employment, employees may receive and have access to
confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and
maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business
records and any other information that MV classifies as
confidential.MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information or any other
legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local
laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this
application is solely to determine suitability for employment,
verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants
may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check
after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Keywords: MV Transportation, Petaluma , Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Petaluma, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!